Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Beach and Liverpool


We drove to the beach just north of Liverpool and had a good time next to the water. Rose and Xyla ran around a bit and did some wading. It was a bit chilly despite the sun and really windy. We experienced the shin sandblast and it almost felt like we were on the Oregon coast. No big rocks here, though, or big waves as this was the Irish Sea and pretty shallow as the serf approached the shore. No huge wind turbines in Oregon, either, I guess.

After a hike near the water and a bit of time on the sand, we drove to Liverpool and did some walking in the center of town. There were thousands of people on the shopping streets and along the water. We visited Tate Liverpool and it was wonderful. Rose and Xyla sketched some of the pieces they saw and the collection is wonderful. Saw some Max Ernst pieces that I really liked. I also walked on a tall ship there and it reminded me of my James Craig days in Sydney.

Great day. I'll put some photos up later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment